Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to seek understanding, edification and increased spiritual knowledge through an honest search of the scriptures.

If you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or if you are a disgruntled or confused member, and have serious questions about doctrine or church history, this is not the site for you. Please go to the Lord in prayer and, in addition to the scriptures, use these helpful sites to find answers: Mormon.org and Fairlds.org. Nearly every question, issue or claim against the church can be answered there.

This blog is a public sharing of gospel discussions and opinions between two friends. We welcome comments, but any trolling, bigoted, and/or unsubstantiated, uninformed rhetoric will not pass the comment filter, and frequent offenders will be banned from commenting.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Study by the Spirit

Wanted to share with you...

               This doesn't happen to me very often and I felt like it was appropriate to share.

               Yesterday morning when I was saying my prayers before getting out of bed, I said my prayers, nothing overly special that I remember, and I don't remember asking for anything in particular or in special need (maybe just for my wife or something, help with my new born, etc.), and as soon as I was done, clear as a bell, I heard in my mind "Doctrine and Covenants 84, verses 22 and 23".

               I swear there has been very few times in my life where I have had instances where I "heard" the voice of the Spirit.....there is only roughly 2 that I can name.  it was pretty amazing....I got directly out of bed and went and looked them up (I didn't know them off the top of my head, though I knew it was the chapter on Priesthood).

               And after reading, it was pretty awe inspiring, but didn't much know what to do with them.......

               But I will bear testimony to you (I feel like I needed to share with someone, also shared with my wife), and you already know, revelation is real!



--C


That's how I used to study.  I need to get back to that.  But I would pray to ask to know what to study and read, then go with the first thing that came to mind.  It was AMAZING!  Sometimes I would just get book and chapter.  Sometimes, like you, would get specific verses and sometimes I would think, why did I read that?  I must have understood wrong.  But the next day I would be given another scripture that related to, expounded or put in to context the scripture from the previous day.

       Thank you for sharing that experience.  It's reminded me of what I need to get back to doing.



You know what I got from those scriptures?

It's as if the Lord is telling you to teach his people plainly and seek diligently to sanctify his people.



--J


Apparently my wife agrees (she said she told me so last night, but I don't remember the conversation)...

Thanks for being in tune with the Spirit....along with my wife....apparently I need to get on the ball.



--C

No comments: